Stand Out Grads
2020 saw us launch our first iteration of the Stand Out Grads competition. We partnered with a suite of outstanding creative brands to treat our one lucky winner…
Unlike other design competitions aimed at graduating students our competition was completely free to enter, and wasn’t a shoddy-disguise for a brand to steal free work… The Stand Out Grads competition asked students to submit their own personal branding. We aimed to nurture our growing community by creating a competition that was as useful to graduates who entered it and didn’t win as it was to the one graduate who won.
We set a broad brief to inspire the community, talking briefly about what successful personal branding could achieve as well as sign posting a couple of items we would expect to see in each submission.
The competition was open for around a month, but within days we were overwhelmed at the quality of the submissions.
Thanks to some amazingly generous partners, our prize list swelled to include:
– Adobe: A 12 month CC subscription
– F* Being Humble: A signed copy of Stephanie Sword-William’s latest book
– General Assembly: A Unique 50% off code for a variety of GA London’s courses
– GF Smith: A copy of their gorgeous book ‘Collection 2020’, as well as a £100 voucher for their website
– Glug: Multiple tickets to the winner’s nearest Glug event
– Intern Magazine: A free ticket to Intern’s online course ‘The Price is Right’
– Laurence King: A selection of art & design books from LK Publishing
– Posca: 4 sets of Posca 3m and 5m acrylic pens
– Semplice: Semplice 5 portfolio building system
– UnderPinned: A lifetime free subscription to the Virtual Office by UnderPinned
This competition would not have been possible without our parnters. (Well… it would have just been way less impressive! 😉) We’d just like to say thank you once more to all of the people who took time out of their day job to help us realise this wonderful prize list!
The winner of the Stand Out Grads competition was announced in October of 2020. You can read more about our wonderful winner, Cara Rooney, here.
We’d love to take a moment to thank every entrant to our competition. Unfortunately we could only have one winner, and it was a very hard choice to make.